Rolig Homes will show you the right steps to putting your home on the market.
The Home Selling Process
Our primary goal is to net you the most money possible. Our home selling strategy consists of a detailed market analysis, identifying the unique characteristics of your home, and advise you with our expertise in the Kansas City real estate market.
Why Hire a Real Estate Agent?
How is Rolig Homes different from other real estate teams? Our expertise consists of listing several Kansas City, Shawnee, Lenexa, and Overland Park homes for sale. You get experience, technology, and expertise. Our technology through strategic marketing tactics that will put your house in specific market segments.
You get consistent communication through phone, email, and in person when you need it. When Rolig Homes sells your home, you are a client for life as we rely on repeat clients and referrals.
What You Get
Your needs always come first. Rolig Homes will provide the service we agree to and communicate in the ways that work for you, whether once a week, once a day, by phone, email or text message. That’s how we’ll do it.
You’ll always be kept in the loop. From listing to closing, you’ll know the status of our marketing efforts, the offers on the table and the steps leading to a successful closing once an offer is accepted.
Experience and Expertise
The complexities of your real estate transaction will be well-handled. Smoothing the way for your listing and sale, we will remove many potential challenges before they have the opportunity
to appear. Marketing your home will get the exposure it deserves. Rolig Homes marketing systems maximize your property’s exposure to buyers.
Your home will be priced right, adjusted as needed, and sold quickly. With a keen understanding of both the big picture and the very latest local and neighborhood listing and sales data, the information you need is at my fingertips.
Homes sell because of correct pricing and great presentation. We know what it takes to make the terrific first impression that will get your home sold.
Rolig Homes guarantees your satisfaction. Our relationship is dependent on meeting and exceeding your needs. We identify those needs together, and my cancellation guarantee protects your right to end
our relationship if you’re disappointed.
Why Rolig & Co. Homes of Keller Williams?
Leading-edge tech tools and training give Rolig Homes the edge in effectively marketing your property online, 24 hours a day, seven days a week! Through the exclusive Keller Williams Listing System
(KWLS), your property is fed to more than 350 online search engines and is available on KW’s Web network of more than 76,000 sites. Best of all, because of Keller Williams Realty’s “My Listings, My Leads” philosophy, every single Internet inquiry on your property will come directly to me so that we can follow up quickly with those
Keller Williams Realty was designed to reward agents for working together. Based on the belief that we are all more successful if we strive toward a common goal rather than our individual interests, I’m confident that every Keller Williams professional shares the common goal of serving
you, our client, in the best way possible.
Keller Williams Realty helps me stay ahead of trends in the real estate industry through its comprehensive, industry-leading training curriculum and research resources. It’s what prepares us to provide you with unparalleled service.
Founded on the principles of trust and honesty, Keller Williams Realty emphasizes the importance of having the integrity to do the right thing, always putting your needs first. It reinforces my belief that my success is ultimately determined by the legacy we leave with each client we serve.
Rolig Homes is proud to work for the fastest-growing real estate company in North America and the #1 residential real estate company in the United States. It’s proof that when you offer a superior level of service, the word spreads fast.
Our Marketing Plan
Designed to capture the maximum exposure for your home in the shortest period of time, I’ll implement my proven marketing plan.
- Price your home strategically so you’re competitive with the current market and price trends. Stage your home to cast a positive light on the features most important to buyers: uncluttered rooms and closets, fresh paint, and terrific curb appeal.
- Place “for sale” signage in yard and in neighborhood.
- Optimize your home’s Internet presence by posting information in the Keller Williams Listing System (KWLS), as well as in local and global MLS systems, including plenty of photographs and a description of your property.
- Create a home book to place inside your property.
- Target my marketing to active real estate agents who specialize in selling homes in your neighborhood and who have active buyers that may be interested in your home.
- Include your home in our company and MLS tours, allowing other agents to see your home for themselves.
- Advertise your home on our website and social media.
- Create an open house schedule to promote your property to prospective buyers and market those open houses.
- Target active buyers and investors in my database who are looking for homes in your price range and area.
- Provide you with updates detailing my marketing efforts, including comments from the prospective buyers and agents who have visited your home.
Extended Real Estate Marketing Reach
When you list with Rolig Homes, we’ll have access to the Keller Williams Listing System, or KWLS. This proprietary, exclusive system ensures your property is marketed online 24/7 through more than 350 of the most popular search Websites. Just a few are Zillow.com, HomeFinder.com, and Trulia Real Estate Search.
Pricing Your Home
- Price Right = Attract Buyers
Pricing your property competitively will generate the most activity from agents and buyers. Pricing your property too high may make it necessary to drop the price below market value to compete with new, well-priced listings. It is very important to price your property at the competitive market value when we finalize
the listing agreement. The value of your property is determined by what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept in today’s market. Buyers make their pricing decision based on comparing your property to other properties SOLD in your area. Historically, your first offer is usually your best.
Price Ahead of the Market – Buyers Market
If sellers find themselves in a market with falling home values, they can end up chasing the market down, because home values are always falling faster than their price reductions.
Price Right – Time on Market Works Against You
The buying market has a short attention span.
Pricing your home right the first time is key.
Proper pricing attracts buyers.
An overpriced house will not sell.
We want to generate offers before the market moves on to newer listings.
Price Competitively – The First 30 Days are Critical
A property generates the most interest when it first hits the market. The number of showings is greatest during this time if it is priced at a realistic market value. Starting too high and dropping the price later misses the excitement and fails to generate strong activity. Many homes that start high end up selling below market value.
This is about strategy. We have based your recommended price on a detailed, custom market analysis, a unique characteristics of your home and its setting, and our expertise in the real estate market. It is our primary goal is to net you the most money possible and we believe this pricing plan, matched with our 14-step marketing plan, will draw buyers and agents.
Preparing Your Home for Sale
Here are some inexpensive ways to maximize your home’s appeal:
• Keep the grass freshly cut.
• Remove all yard clutter.
• Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.
• Paint the front door.
• Weed and apply fresh mulch to garden beds.
• Clean windows inside and out.
• Wash or paint home’s exterior.
• Tighten and clean all door handles.
• Ensure gutters and downspouts are firmly attached.
•Remove excessive wall hangings, furniture and knickknacks
(consider a temporary self-storage unit).
• Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
• Shampoo carpets.
• Clean and organize cabinets and closets.
• Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
• Clean all light fixtures.
• Turn on all the lights.
• Open drapes in the daytime.
• Keep pets secured outdoors.
• Play quiet background music.
• Light the fireplace (if seasonally appropriate).
• Infuse home with a comforting scent like apple spice or vanilla.
• Vacate the property while it is being shown.
Here are a few things to bring to the closing:
• House keys
• Garage door opener(s)
• A picture ID
What can you expect? The closing agent will look over the purchase contract and identify what payments are owed and by whom; prepare documents for the closing; conduct the closing; make sure taxes, title searches, real estate commissions and other closing costs are paid; ensure that the buyer’s title is recorded; and ensure that you receive any monies due to you.
What are your costs?
Sellers commonly pay the following at closing:
• Mortgage balance and prepayment penalties, if applicable
• Other claims against your property, such as unpaid property taxes
• Unpaid special assessments on your property
• Document stamps (or taxes) on the deed
• Real estate commission
• Legal fee or title insurance premium
After the closing, make sure you keep the following for tax purposes:
• Copies of all closing documents
• All home improvement receipts on the home you sold
______Internal Revenue Service
______Health and Fitness
______Finance Companies/Credit Cards
______House of Worship